Thanks to the Parish Council and the LTA we are now re-opening the courts but with certain restrictions.
We are still under strict guidance following social distancing rules and the LTA have provided guidelines – see here.
Members will be able to book using the on line system as before, all members will be contacted with the new door code.
You will see that once you have booked your court time on line only limited playing arrangements are allowed:
- Singles play with another member
- Doubles play only with members of your family unit (living in the same house)
- Practice play on your own.
- Wednesday coaching session time is reserved for JUNIORS ONLY on both courts.
- The Clubhouse is restricted and should only be entered to use the toilet.
- When arriving at the courts wait outside the gate until the previous players exit
- Spectators and visitors not playing must stay outside the courts in the playing field.
- The floodlights are not to be used.
- Due to these restrictions only members will be able to play – paying visitors are not able to use the courts at this time.
- Please respect the guidelines as the opening of the courts is conditional on the rules being followed – any infringements could cause the courts to be closed.
- Members will be emailed the NEW Clubhouse door code.
- It is suggested that the gate lock is used when playing to help manage the restricted access to the courts
For the first time since WW2 Wimbledon and all UK grass court competitions are cancelled this year.
A sad time for tennis and also for some of those professional players who are near to retirement.
For our social players it will be unnecessary for the club to hold the ballot this year but thanks again for registering with the LTA.
Keep well everyone!
The Parish Council have instructed the Tennis Club to close its facilities as they have also closed the recreation ground, play area and MUGA.
Let’s all follow the guidance and restrict our movement to limit the risk of contacting the virus.
Thank you for your understanding.
Misterton Tennis Club
23/03/20 // COVID – 19 – TENNIS NOT ADVISED FOR THE NEXT THREE WEEKS.
From the announcement today it would seem prudent to stop playing tennis for the next three weeks.
The facilities are still open although the clubhouse is not (the lock code is changed).
Exercising alone or with immediate family seems to be it so match tennis singles or doubles is not in keeping with that guidance for most of us.
Keep well everyone and let’s hope for an improvement in the situation after the next three weeks.
The LTA are providing regular updates related to the Covid – 19 virus.
follow this link
We will be taking steps to comply with government guidelines so all members will receive an email update concerning steps we will take as a club in the next few days.
As a general guide all club events and gatherings will be postponed for the next 3 months.
Also all coaching and junior events are cancelled until further notice.
Keep well everyone!
Sunday 5th April 9.30am – £3 entry fee.
Please sign up in the clubhouse if you wish to enter
After a well supported Quiz night our next event is the annual Soup Tournament.
Soup snacks and a drink or two is the order of the day – come along, play some tennis and bump elbows!
Dear All – the posters will be going up for our Quiz Night, please come along!
Venue – The Globe Inn Misterton
When – Saturday 22nd February 2020
What time – 7.00 pm for 7.30 pm prompt start
- Teams ideally up to 6 please, individuals will be allocated to a team if possible
- Sandwiches and refreshments included
- £6 per person (in advance if possible or on the night)
- Public Bar & Raffle
To book your place and name your team please telephone Catherine Carins on
07940 521345 or email her at email@example.com
Early warning folks – Our last quiz night was enjoyed by all and a great success – Donna at the Globe looked after us and Roger tested our knowledge.
Same again 2020 – put the 22nd of Feb in your diary!
A great time had by all – food and drinks and over 20 members present – a little tennis in-between a drink or two – a lovely lead up to the festive season.
Let’s wish for some nice weather over Christmas to get a few games in!